There are many do not’s when purchasing a home. Many individuals do things while in contract that cause the loan they have qualified for to fall apart. I’ve seen it happen within 1-day of closing on their home. So, here are some simple do not’s while in contract;
1. Do not change jobs, become self-employed (or vise versa) or quit your job.
2. Do not buy a vehicle (even if it’s a co-sign).
3. Do not use charge cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
4. Do not spend money you have set aside for closing costs.
5. Do not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Do not buy furniture before closing.
7. Do not allow any inquiries into your credit.
8. Do not make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer.
9. Do not change bank accounts or transfer funds before closing.
10. Do not co-sign a loan of any kind, period!
Follow these rules and you won’t be crying the blues. For more tips on FHA,VA, or conventional puchases, call Steve and Christi Durflinger at 925-708-0006, your “Buyer’s Specialists”. You can also email us through www.TeamDurf.com.